At Lucy School, the arts are integrated as a lively and dynamic learning medium for young children that accommodates the curriculum while nurturing the need for play and active learning. Learning Projects (child initiated and/or selected by the teaching team) are introduced through related literature and an introductory drama activity:
- Drama brings literature to life, creates a “living through” learning experience, and enriches dramatic play.
- Music, Movement and Dance enhance the learning experience and facilitate multi-sensory learning.
- Visual Arts based on the Reggio Emilia model, hones observation skills and fosters creative self-expression.
- Free Play is interspersed throughout the day. Play environments are changed to reflect current projects.
- Exploration of Nature enhances our learning and integrates related literature.
We are currently enrolling for the 2014-2015 school year
Download the 2014-2015 Preschool Program Application. Children must be three years old and fully toilet trained by September 1 to enroll (exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the school).
Download the 2014-2015 Young Threes Application. Children must be turning three years old between September 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015 to enroll. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the school. Children must also be toilet trained. For more details about the Young Threes Program, please click here.
We still have some spaces available for this current school year. If you are interested in information about enrolling for the 2013-2014 school year, please contact us at
Monthly open houses are held at 9:00 on the second Tuesday of each month beginning in November and continuing through May. Space is limited and visits are by appointment. Please call 301.293.1163 or contact
to schedule a visit.